To configure a wireless network, perform the following tasks:
- Setting your geographic location
- Creating a FortiAP profile
- Defining a wireless network interface (SSID)
- Configuring security
- Defining SSID groups
- Configuring dynamic user VLAN assignment
- Configuring user authentication
- Configuring firewall policies for the SSID
- Configuring the built-in access point on a FortiWiFi unit
- Enforcing UTM policies on a local bridge SSID
For AP configuration details, see Access point configuration.
On FortiGate model 30D, GUI configuration of the WiFi controller is disabled by default. To enable it, enter the following CLI commands:
The WiFi and Switch Controllers are enabled through the Feature Store (under System > Feature Visibility). However, they are separately enabled and configured to display in the GUI via the CLI.
To enable both WiFi and Switch Controllers, enter the following CLI commands:
To enable the GUI display for both controllers, enter the following CLI commands::