This section explains how to access the FortiAP CLI through the FortiAP Ethernet port or the FortiGate.
The FortiAP unit has a CLI through which some configuration options can be set.
- Connect your computer to the FortiAP Ethernet interface, either directly with a cross-over cable or through a separate switch or hub.
- Change your computer IP address to 192.168.1.3
- Using SSH, connect to IP address 192.168.1.2.
- Ensure that FortiAP is in a private network with no DHCP server for the static IP address to be accessible.
- Login with user name admin and no password.
- Enter commands, as needed.
- Optionally, use the
passwdcommand to assign an administrative password for better security.
- Save the configuration by entering the following command:
cfg –c .
- Unplug the FortiAP and then plug it back in, in order for the configuration to take effect.
After the FortiAP has been installed, physical access to the unit can be inconvenient. You can access the FortiAP CLI of a connected FortiAP unit through the FortiGate unit that controls it.
- In the FortiGate GUI, go to WiFi and Switch Controller > Managed FortiAPs.
- Right click the row of the FortiAP that you want to connect to and then select >_ Connect to CLI.
The CLI Console window opens.
- If the password prompt appears, then enter the required password. By default, there is no password.
- When you are finished using the FortiAP CLI, enter
- To close the CLI Console window, click the X in the top right corner of the window.