This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.3, build 0451:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.3
- Special notice
- Upgrade and downgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.3, build 0451 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.3 managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS version 6.4.3):
- Supports 802.11v in active mode for load balancing and optimized roaming.
- Supports the URL redirection method for client devices after login external Captive-Portal SSID.
- Supports voice-enterprise function on local-standalone SSID.
- Supports IGMP Snooping.
- Supports device registration to FortiCare via FortiGate web UI WiFi & Switch Controller > Managed FortiAPs.
- Adds more DHCP information such as DHCP server MAC, gateway, subnet and DNS for clients in wireless event logs.
- Supports automated power negotiation with the peer PoE switch using the LLDP-MED protocol.