To configure a wireless network, perform the following tasks:
- Setting your geographic location
- Creating a FortiAP profile
- Defining a wireless network interface (SSID)
- Configuring security
- Defining SSID groups
- Configuring dynamic user VLAN assignment
- Configuring user authentication
- Configuring firewall policies for the SSID
- Configuring the built-in access point on a FortiWiFi unit
- Enforcing UTM policies on a local bridge SSID
- For AP configuration details, see Access point configuration.
On FortiGate model 30D, GUI configuration of the WiFi controller is disabled by default. To enable it, enter the following CLI commands:
The WiFi and Switch Controllers are enabled through the Feature Store (under System > Feature Visibility). However, they are separately enabled and configured to display in the GUI via the CLI.
To enable both WiFi and Switch Controllers, enter the following CLI commands:
To enable the GUI display for both controllers, enter the following CLI commands::