WiFi Maps allow you to place FortiAP units on a custom map that you upload, such as an office floor plan. WiFi Maps show real-time status and alerts of FortiAP units so that you can quickly see the location and status of each FortiAP unit on the map.
To configure WiFi maps on the FortiWiFi and FortiAP GUI:
- Obtain a floor plan or map (in PNG, JPEG, or GIF format) of where FortiAP units are located.
- Go to WiFi & Switch Controller > WiFi Maps.
- Click the + or Add Map button.
You must use the GUI to upload WiFi maps.
- Click Upload and specify the map to be uploaded.
- Enter the Map name, for example, Level-2.
- If you want, enable Image grayscale to change a color map to grayscale.
- Set Image opacity to specify map transparency.
- Click OK.
- Place FortiAP units on the map you uploaded.
- Unlock the map by clicking the lock icon in the top left.
- Click Unplaced AP(s) beside the lock icon to display the list of candidate APs.
- Drag and drop each FortiAP unit onto its location on the map.
- When all FortiAP units have been placed on the map, click the lock icon.
The WiFi map shows where each FortiAP unit is located.
- Hover the cursor over a FortiAP icon to view the FortiAP unit's operating data.
- To view a FortiAP unit's detailed operating data or to configure AP settings, click that FortiAP icon.
- Use the dropdown lists above the map to show one or both the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. You can also show numerical operating data such as client count, channel, radio TX power, and channel utilization using the options in the dropdown list above the map.
To configure WiFi maps using the FortiWiFi and FortiAP CLI:
config wireless-controller region
set grayscale enable <enable|disable>
set opacity 40 <0-100>
config wireless-controller wtp
set region <MAP_NAME>
set region-x "0.419911" <0-1>
set region-y "0.349466" <0-1>