Monitor rogue APs
This guide introduces how to monitor and manipulate rogue APs through the Rogue AP widget under the WiFi Dashboard,
Accessing the Rogue AP widget
By default, you can access the Rogue AP widget by navigating from Dashboard > WiFi > Rogue APs.You can add are remove widget by clicking + Add Widget at the top of the dashboard. This loads the Add Dashboard Widget panel where you can select specific widgets to add to your dashboard.
Understanding the Rogue AP widget
The Rogue AP widget seen in the dashboard displays the total number of rogue APs detected by a managed FortiAP unit or FortiWiFi local radio.
To see more information, click the widget to access the expanded view.
The Rogue AP widget contains three charts with rogue AP statistic information in different categories.
- The Detected By chart shows the amount of rogue APs detected by each managed FortiAP unit or FortiWiFi local radio.
- The SSID chart shows the amount of SSID names detected as rogue APs.
- The Vendor Info chart shows the vender information of the detected rogue APs.
All the rogue APs are listed in a table, where you can change the state of each AP to mark them as a Rogue or Accepted AP. At the top of the widget, you can click Show Offline or Show Accepted to filter for only offline or accepted rogue APs.
Changing a rogue AP state
You can change the state of a rogue AP to one of the following options:
- Accepted AP — The AP is an authorized part of your network or are neighboring APs that are not a security threat.
- Rogue AP — The AP is an unauthorized APs that the On-wire status indicates is attached to your wired networks.
- Suppressed Rogue AP — Suppress and deauthenticate a rogue APs
- Undefined AP — The initial status of a discovered AP. You can change an AP back to unclassified if you have mistakenly marked it as Rogue or Accepted.
To change the state of a rogue AP
- In the table of rogue APs, select the AP you want to suppress and hover your mouse over the State column.
Click the Edit icon and select a status from the drop-down list.
- Click Apply.
You can change the status of multiple APs by selecting multiple rows.