What's new in this release
FortiOS 6.4.0 wireless includes the following changes:
- Even distribution of FortiAP reports to avoid controller CPU spikes.
- Increase in the maximum number of managed FortiAPs.
- Support for a third DHCP Option 82 style.
- Support for wireless client IPv6 traffic for both tunnel and local-bridge mode SSID.
- The WLAN ID remains static after a daemon restart or controller reboot to keep BSSIDs unchanged.
- Supports country setting configuration to determine the Wireless Controller's regulatory domain.
- Client load balancing parameters apply to the FortiAP profile instead of to individual radios.
- General GUI updates that merge several pages into the new Dashboard WiFi page.
- Support for spectrum analysis on some FortiAP models.
- GUI support for the VLAN probe tool.
For more information about new FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 6.4.0 features, see the FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 Release Notes.