This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.4, build 0290:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.4
- Upgrade and downgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.4, build 0290 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.4 managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS version 6.2.4):
- Support for external-authentication captive-portal SSID in local-standalone mode.
- Spreads out FortiAP reports evenly to the WiFi controller by assigning report indices.
- Enables DFS channels on FAP-321E with region code J.
- Enables DFS channels on FAP-231E with region code A, N, T and S.