This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.3, build 0277:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.3
- Upgrade and downgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.3, build 0277 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.3 managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS version 6.2.3):
- FortiAP can report port names as actual hardware labels to FortiGate for LLDP and FortiAP Health functions.
- FortiAP can report Radio Transmit Retry Percentage to FortiGate.
- FortiAP can report locally detected station OS information to FortiGate.
- Added RSSI threshold for rogue AP detection.
- Wi-Fi country and region code adjustments:
- Changed Bahamas to region "A".
FortiAP can support a new "style-3" of Circuit ID insertion in DHCP Option 82.
Note: FortiGate will support this setting in FortiOS 6.4.0.
- Supports the newly released FAP-231E model.
- Enables DFS channels on FAP-231E with region code E, I, V, Y, and D.
- Supports the newly released FAP-321E model.
- Enables DFS channels on FAP-321E with region code E, I, V, Y, and D.