This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.1, build 0246:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.1
- Upgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.1, build 0246 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.1 managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS version 6.2.1):
- You can configure up to 16 recurring, one-time, or group schedule entries to control FortiAP devices to:
- Bring SSIDs up and down, in the FortiGate UI and CLI
- Turn LEDs on and off, in the FortiGate CLI
- Stop and start background scans, in the FortiGate UI and CLI
- Allow and disallow dynamic automatic radio resource provisioning (DARRP), in the FortiGate CLI.
- For HTTPS access to the FortiAP UI, you can replace the default certificate with another certificate.
- You can enable or disable the MU-MIMO feature on an SSID, in the FortiGate CLI. The default is enabled.
- The local standalone SSID supports WPA3 and OWE security modes.
- Wi-Fi country and region code adjustments:
- Added Central Africa to region E
- Changed Qatar to region I
- Changed Bahrain to region I
- Changed Brunei Darussalam to region I
- Changed Pakistan to region B
- Changed Uruguay to region N