What's new in this release
FortiOS 6.2.0 wireless includes the following new features:
- Uploading and setting up WiFi location maps
- Monitoring and suppressing phishing SSID
- Enhancing WiFi QoS enhancement with WiFi Multi-Media (WMM) to Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) marking
- Extending diagnostics and logs when the FortiAP sends detailed events of client connections (such as association, authentication, DHCP, and DNS) and the FortiGate creates associated logs of these events
- Uploading WiFi certificates using the FortiOS GUI
- Using MAC filtering on SSIDs
- Changing a wireless-controller VAP for an SSID configuration from a global object to a VDOM object
For more information about the FortiOS 6.2.0 wireless features, see the New Features section.
WiFi Cookbook recipes for FortiOS 6.2.0 are available here.
For FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 6.2.0, this guide includes the following changes:
- New FortiAP Configuration mode
- New security modes (see Configuring security):
- WPA3-Simultaneous Authentication of Equals (SAE)
- WPA3-SAE Transition
- Opportunistic Wireless Encryption (OWE)
- OWE Transition
- New Monitoring FortiAP with SNMP
- Deletion of legacy management protocols. FortiAP no longer supports the Telnet and HTTP protocols. All Fortinet equipment allow secure management protocols such as SSH and HTTPS. When upgrading for FortiAP administrative access (inside WTP profiles), then:
- SSH is automatically enabled, if Telnet was enabled before the upgrade.
- HTTPS is automatically enabled, if HTTP was enabled before the upgrade.
New diagnostic commands (see FortiAP CLI configuration and diagnostics commands)
- cw_diag -c atf
- cw_diag -c ble-scan
- cw_diag -c fortipresence
- cw_diag -c k-qos wlan00
- cw_diag -c vlan-probe-cmd
- cw_diag -c vlan-probe-rpt
- cw_diag -c snmp
- New FortiAP REST API