This document provides the following information for FortiAP-U version 6.0.3 build 0062:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-U version 6.0.3
- Upgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP-U device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-U version 6.0.3 supports the following models:
FAP-U421EV, FAP-U422EV, FAP-U423EV
For FortiAP-U features managed by a FortiWLC, see the Wireless Controller documentation.
FortiAP-U version 6.0.3 supports the following new features, when managed by a FortiGate running FortiOS version 6.2.4 and later, or by FortiAP Cloud:
- WPA3 security modes.
- Enforce admin password upon initial login.
- Report WiFi clients' real noise-floor value to FortiGate.
- MU-MIMO control per SSID (enabled by default).
- Schedules of multiple pre-shared key (MPSK).
- External captive-portal SSID and RADIUS CoA support in Bridge mode and Local-Standalone mode.
- DHCP snooping and option 82 insertion.
- Security-exempt list support on captive-portal SSID.
- Receiver Start of Packet Detection Threshold (RX-SOP).
- Report FortiAP uplink status and interface transmitting and receiving counters to FortiGate.
- Client OS detection via DHCP fingerprint and report to FortiGate.
- Report scanned Bluetooth devices to FortiPresence.
- Extended wireless event logs for WiFi station health.
- Wireless Quality-of-Service (QoS) profile.
- MAC address filter on Local-Standalone SSID.
- Report FAP-U admin login and logout activities to FortiGate system event logs.
- Management frame (authentication request and association request) flood detection in WIDS profile.
- Added TLS v1.2 cipher suites.
- Enable DFS channels on FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F with region T, and J.
- DHCP option 43 insertion through local-bridging SSID (FortiGate needs FortiOS 6.4.1 or later).
- 802.11ax BSS Coloring on FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F (FortiGate needs FortiOS 6.4.2 or later).
New Spectrum Analysis on FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F (FortiGate needs FortiOS 6.4.2 or later).
Note: The 3rd radio of FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F doesn't support Spectrum Analysis. Before implementing Spectrum Analysis on FortiGate side, the 3rd radio of FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F should be disabled.