This document provides the following information for FortiAP-U version 5.4.6 build 0072:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-U version 5.4.6
- Upgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP-U device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-U version 5.4.6 supports the following models:
FortiAP-U421EV, FortiAP-U422EV, FortiAP-U423EV
For FortiAP-U features managed by a FortiWLC, see the Wireless Controller documentation.
The following list includes new features and enhancements when FortiAP-U version 5.4.6 is managed by a FortiGate or FortiAP Cloud:
- Location-based services
- Ekahau blinking mode
- Station locate
- Scanning functions
- Background AP scan
- Foreground AP scan (also known as monitor mode)
- Channel utilization
- Bluetooth low energy (BLE) device scan
- Distributed automatic radio resource provisioning (DARRP)
- Automatic transmit power control
- Mesh fast roaming
- Voice enterprise (IEEE 802.11k and 802.11v)
- Split tunneling for tunnel-mode virtual access point (VAP)
- Local LAN isolation for local standalone VAP with network address translation (NAT) enabled
- Address resolution protocol (ARP) proxy option for VAP broadcast suppression
- Light-emitting diode (LED) schedule
- Optimization of power-save mode
- Acknowledge (ACK) frame time out adjustable by the max-distance setting of the FortiGate wtp-profile
FortiAP-U version 5.4.6 also includes the following improvements:
- New web UI
- CLI with improved security
- Packet policing—When the FortiAP-U CPU usage is above 90%, control and provisioning of wireless access points (CAPWAP) control packets are processed with a higher priority than data packets to maintain a stable connection with the controller. Data packets are dropped when necessary.
- Wi-Fi region and country code adjustments:
- 5 GHz channels 132 to 144 added to region "V".
- 5 GHz channels 144 and 165 added to region "P".
- 5 GHz channels 100 to 144 and 149 to 165 added to region "D".
- 5 GHz transmit power increased for region "D".
- 5 GHz channels 120, 124, and 128 removed from Australia (in region "N").
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) certified stock keeping units (SKU):