A FortiAP network is a logical grouping of FortiAP devices for common configuration and management. A FortiAP Cloud account can have multiple FortiAP networks. For instance, if you have 20 FortiAP devices and you plan to use 10 FortiAP devices in the head office and the other 10 FortiAP devices in a branch office, then you would create two FortiAP networks.
In a FortiAP network, you can also group FortiAP devices into subsets (folders) and then apply configurations to those subsets. For example, in an office building, you can have a FortiAP device subset for each floor of the building.
Though it is possible and valid to have a single FortiAP network containing all FortiAP devices, and apply configurations to subsets of FortiAP devices, the recommendation is that you create multiple independent AP networks.
- Log in to FortiCloud and access FortiAP Cloud.
- On the Home page, click Add FortiAP Network.
- Type a name for the FortiAP network.
- Select a time zone. This is the time zone of the FortiAP devices that you want to manage with this FortiAP network.
- Click Submit.
The newly created network is added to the FortiAP Cloud Home page.
- Click the FortiAP network that you created.
A new tab opens in your web browser and a dialog box shows the following message: "There is no SSID in this AP network. Please add an SSID."
- Click OK.
- To complete the addition of a wireless network name and its related configuration, go to the Configuration section and follow one of the SSID-related procedures.