The FortiAP Cloud provides a comprehensive dashboard with detailed statistics and visualization for the overall network and subsequent levels such as AP, radio, client, and rogue devices. The information presented in the dashboard is pivotal for monitoring network health and for diagnostic purpose.
The dashboards are split into three views - Standard, Charts, and List. The standard view displays information as a combination of chart based and listed data. The charts and list view displays data only in a series of charts and columns respectively. You can filter the lists displayed based on specific parameters and hide others by modifying the Column Setting. The chart dashlets and columns are click-able to view detailed information; hover over these charts to view details.
Dashboard data is refreshed every 60 seconds, you can refresh the dashboard as per requirement.
This dashboard provides network traffic information arranged in several rows and charts.
- AP Status counts the APs based on their connection status, APs up for more than 24 hours, APs up for less than 24 hours, and APs that are currently down.
- 2.4/5 GHz Radio provides a summary for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. Displays the radio modes (Disabled, Monitor, Offline) and health (Poor, Fair, Good), the station count, the total number of MAC errors, throughput, data usage, rogue APs, and APs in scan mode.
- Clients & Throughput displays the number of clients and the throughput for each of the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands over the selected period of time.
- Top 20 APs by Clients Count (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) displays the twenty APs with the highest number of clients connected to them in the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Top SSIDs by Client Count displays the five SSIDs with the highest number of clients connected to the SSID; counts the number of clients connected to each of these SSIDs and the total number of clients in the network. Filter data based on the band (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both).
- Top SSIDs by Usage displays the five SSIDs with the highest data usage; counts the number of clients connected to each of these SSIDs and the total number of clients in the network. Filter data based on the band (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both).
- Top 20 Stations by Throughput displays the 20 clients with the highest throughput.
- Top 20 Stations by Usage displays the 20 clients with the highest data usage.
Click on the AP, Radio, client, and SSID information to view details.
This dashboard provides network security information such as web applications, attacks, and viruses.
- Top Web - The top ten web categories that are most frequently used.
- Top Attacks - The top ten attacks that the FortiAP Cloud's IPS most frequently prevents.
- Top Viruses - The top ten viruses that the FortiAP Cloud's AV most frequently detects.
This dashboard provides visualization of APs in your network and their health and utilization.
- AP Status displays the APs based on their connection status, whether online or offline.
- AP CPU Usage categorizes all the APs into different buckets of high and normal CPU utilization.
- AP Memory Usage categorizes all the APs into different buckets of high and normal memory utilization.
- Top APs by Clients displays the five APs with highest number of clients connected to them; counts the number of clients connected to each of these APs and the total number of clients.
- Top APs By Throughput displays the five APs with highest throughput; displays the throughput for each of these APs and the aggregate throughput.
- Top APs By Volume displays the five APs associated with the highest data volume; displays the data volume for each of these APs and the total data volume.
- Top APs by Interfering BSSIDs displays the top most interfering APs' BSSIDs.
- Top AP Group displays the five AP groups with highest number of AP members; counts the number of APs in each of these AP groups and the total number of AP groups.
- AP Advertisement Management categorizes all the APs based on whether they avail free service or are subscription services
- Top AP Models displays the five AP models mostly deployed in your network; counts the number of APs belonging to each of these AP models and the total number of AP models.
- Top AP OS displays the five FOS version most FAPs belong to; counts the number of APs belonging to each of these AP models and the total number of AP models.
Radio Modes counts the radios in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz modes based on the operating modes: AP, Disabled, and Monitor. Click on any of these to view the radio details.
The data displayed on this dashboard categorizes the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios into the top most based on different criteria, highest number of clients, highest throughput, data volume, noise levels (dBm), channel distribution, interfering APs, radio types, and Tx power (dBm).
Click on any radio name to view the radio configuration and other associated details.
This tab lists the clients in your network with the associated information. The data displayed on this dashboard categorize the clients based on different criteria, bands and sub-bands used, SSIDs, SNR, highest throughput, data volume, VLAN, authentication mode, encryption mode, associated APs, number of channels, operating system, device types, and user groups. Click on the displayed data to view the client and other associated details.
You can disconnect a wireless client from the wireless network. However, the disconnected wireless clients may connect back when operating in auto-connect mode or one manually connects the client.
Neighbour (Interfering and Rogue Networks)
This tab displays any neighboring APs (including rogue APs) that might be present in your network. The data displayed on this dashboard categorize the rogue APs based on different criteria, class (Rogue, Accepted, Unclassified), SSIDs, signal strength, the radios detected by, channel used, authentication modes, and vendors. Click on the displayed data to view the devices and other associated details.