The presence of neighbouring APs or other devices operating in the same frequency range as your access point, can lead to interference on the configured channel. This may affect the WiFi experience for your network user.
The DARRP feature automatically and periodically selects the optimal channel for your access point by measuring utilization and interference on the available channels. The channel selected is best suited for wireless communications. This is especially useful in large-scale deployments where multiple access points have overlapping radio ranges.
- On the FortiAP Cloud Home page, select the FortiAP network that you want to edit.
- In the Menu bar, click Configure.
- In the Navigation pane, click Network.
- Enable DARRP optimization for your network (disabled by default). When enabled, configure the following parameters.
- Optimize Timer (mandatory) - Configures the timer interval for DARRP optimization. The default is 10 minutes and the valid range is 10 - 1440 minutes.
- Optimize Schedule (optional) - Configures specific day and time for DARRP optimization based on the traffic in your network.