Configuring SNMP Profile
FortiAP Cloud supports SNMP access to FortiAPs such as sending queries and receiving traps. To assign an SNMP profile to a FortiAP, see Adding a FortiAP platform profile.
Note: A FortiAP can be associated with a platform profile linked to a configured SNMP profile, even if the SNMP admin access is disabled in the AP settings.
- On the FortiAP Cloud Home page, select the FortiAP network to which you want to configure SNMP.
- In the Menu bar, click Configure.
- In the Navigation area, click SNMP Profile.
- Click Add Profile.
- Enter a unique name for the SNMP profile.
- Enter the SNMP Engine ID; the default is FortiAPCloud, and the administrator Contact Info.
- Enter the threshold for high CPU usage (%) when the trap is sent. The valid range is 10 - 100 and the default is 80.
- Enter the threshold for high memory usage (%) when the trap is sent. The valid range is 10- 100 and the default is 80.
- Add SNMP v1/v2 communities and enable SNMP queries and traps as required. Enter the SNMP management stations in the Host field. A maximum of four, comma separated hosts can be specified along with optional netmasks.
- Configure SNMP v3 users and manage traps and queries for these users. You can manage the security level for message authentication and encryption. The supported authentication and encryption algorithms are MD5 and SHA. The valid range for authentication and encryption passwords is 8 - 32 characters. You can configure the SNMP user-notify Hosts; a maximum of sixteen, comma separated hosts can be specified
- To close the dialog box, click Save.