When you configure a wireless network (SSID), you decide whether the SSID is available to all APs or to a certain groups of APs. A group of APs is formed by assigning the same tag to them. For example, if there are 10 APs in your AP network, you could create 2 AP groups based on AP model or by their physical location.
Use AP tags to control which SSIDs to broadcast on a group of FortiAP devices.
- In the Menu bar, click Configure.
- In the Navigation pane, click AP Tags.
- Near the top-right corner, click Add AP Tag.
- Type a name and description.
- To save the AP tag, click Apply.
- You can assign AP tags to an AP when you perform the Activating a FortiAP device procedure.