The FortiAnalyzer unit can be configured and managed using the GUI or the CLI. This section will step you through connecting to the unit via the GUI.
If you are connecting to the GUI for a FortiAnalyzer virtual machine (VM) for the first time, you are required to activate a license. See Activating VM licenses.
To connect to the GUI:
- Connect the FortiAnalyzer unit to a management computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Configure the management computer to be on the same subnet as the internal interface of the FortiAnalyzer unit:
- IP address: 192.168.1.X
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- On the management computer, start a supported web browser and browse to
The login dialog box is displayed.
- Type admin in the Name field, leave the Password field blank, and click Login.
The FortiAnalyzer Setup wizard is displayed.
- Click Begin to start the setup process. See FortiAnalyzer Setup wizard.
The Later option is available for certain steps in the wizard, allowing you to postone steps. The Register with FortiCare step cannot be skipped and must be completed before you can access the FortiAnalyzer appliance or VM.
- If ADOMs are enabled, the Select an ADOM pane is displayed. Click an ADOM to select it.
The FortiAnalyzer home page is displayed.
- Click a tile to go to that pane. For example, click the Device Manager tile to go to the Device Manager pane.
See also GUI overview.
If the network interfaces have been configured differently during installation, the URL and/or permitted administrative access protocols (such as HTTPS) may no longer be in their default state.
For information on enabling administrative access protocols and configuring IP addresses, see Configuring network interfaces.
If the URL is correct and you still cannot access the GUI, you may also need to configure static routes. For details, see Static routes.
After logging in for the first time, you should create an administrator account for yourself and assign the Super_User profile to it. Then you should log into the FortiAnalyzer unit by using the new administrator account. See Managing administrator accounts for information.