ServiceNow Connector is supported by playbooks for more automation with ServiceNow integration. Playbooks can automatically create, update or delete Incident records in ServiceNow via the connector.
The incident trigger includes update/create/delete notices when connected to ServiceNow connector. For update notices, ServiceNow will refetch that incident to update the corresponding fields mapped to ServiceNow.
The ServiceNow instance must be running for the playbook to post incident change notices to the ServiceNow table. They will not post if the ServiceNow instance is hibernating.
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric > Connectors, and click Create New.
- In the ITSM category, click ServiceNow Connector.
- Configure the connector, and click OK.
- Go to FortiSoC > Automation > Playbook, and click Create New.
- From the list of playbook templates, select New playbook created from scratch.
You can also edit an existing playbook according to your needs.
- Click within the playbook's title fields to change its name and description.
- Select a trigger for the playbook.
- Configure the trigger's filter conditions, and click OK.
- Drag a highlighted connector from the trigger to add a new step in the playbook.
- From the list of connectors for the step, select ServiceNow.
- Configure the step in the playbook, and click OK.
Type a name for the step.
(Optional) Type a description for the step.
Select the ServiceNow connector that you configured.
Select Post Incident Change Notice.
Select Playbook Starter, incident_id.
- Click Save Playbook.