Device metadata such as branch ID, device geo-location, device names, and organization names can now be used by datasets and reports to provide enriched information.
Below are steps to create and run a custom report with device metadata.
- Go to Reports > Report Definitions > Datasets, and click Create New.
- Configure a custom dataset to query logs and device metadata.
- Click Go to test the output of the query.
- If there are no errors to fix in the Query, click OK to save the dataset.
- Go to Reports > Report Definitions > Chart Library, and click Create New.
- In the Name field, type a name for the chart.
- From the Dataset dropdown, select the dataset created with device metadata.
- Configure the chart, and click OK.
See the FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide for more information about creating charts. Use the preview chart to review the chart as it is configured.
- Go to Reports > Report Definitions > All Reports.
- From the Report dropdown in the toolbar, click Create New.
You can also edit an existing or cloned report to use this chart according to your needs.
- Configure a name and folder location for the report.
In this example, the report name is
Device Metadata Report.
- Go to the Editor tab for the report, and click Insert Chart.
The Insert Chart dialog opens.
- From the Chart dropdown, select the chart that uses the device metadata.
- Click OK.
- Configure other settings for the report, and click Apply to save the report.
See the FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide for more information about creating custom reports.
- Go to the Generated Reports tab, and click Run Report.
- Once the report is generated, click the Format you would like to download the report in.
Below is an example of a PDF report with device metadata.