Motion detection can be enabled on cameras through the Camera Profile.
To enable motion detection:
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera Profile.
- Click Create New or select an existing camera profile and click Edit.
- In Recordings & Detections Settings select Motion detection as the recording type.
Both Continuous and Motion detection recording types can be enabled at the same time.
- Enter any additional settings you want to configure for this camera profile and click OK.
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera and double click the camera where motion detection is to be enabled.
- In the camera settings, select the profile where motion detection is enabled.
- Select OK.
Motion detected recordings can be viewed in the Monitor dashboard, and is identified in red in the camera's activity timeline. See Watching live and recorded video in the Monitor.