Adding a FortiGate using Security Fabric authorization
The following steps describe how to add and authorize a FortiGate device on FortiAnalyzer through the FortiAnalyzer Fabric connector configuration on FortiOS.
FortiAnalyzer authentication through the FortiGate Fabric connector configuration is available when both FortiAnalyzer and FortiGate devices are on 7.0.1 or higher.
To authorize a FortiGate on FortiAnalyzer using Fabric authorization:
- In FortiAnalyzer, go to System Settings > Admin > Admin Settings and configure the Fabric Authorization address and port.
- On the FortiGate, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors, and edit the FortiAnalyzer connector.
- Configure the details of your FortiAnalyzer, including the IP address, and click Test Connectivity.
The Verify FortiAnalyzer Serial Number pane opens with information about the FortiAnalyzer.
- Review and confirm the FortiAnalyzer details, and click Accept.
The FortiAnalyzer Status pane opens with information about the authorization status of the FortiGate on FortiAnalyzer.
- Click Authorize.
The Fortinet Security Fabric authorization window appears.
- Enter your FortiAnalyzer administrator credentials, and click Login.
- Select Approve to allow FortiAnalyzer to authorize the FortiGate, and click OK.
If the authorization is successful, you will see a message confirming that the FortiGate is authorized by FortiAnalyzer.
- Log in to FortiAnalyzer, and go to Device Manager.
The FortiGate is included in the list of authorized devices.