Watching live and recorded video in the Monitor
The Monitor pane allows you to view the streaming and recorded video captured by devices configured to the FortiAnalyzer.
To view a video stream:
- Go to FortiRecorder > Monitor.
- Click Add Widget.
- Select the device to be displayed from the dropdown menu.
- Once added, the widget displays the video stream from the selected camera.
To watch recorded video:
- Go to FortiRecorder > Monitor. The recorded video clips for each camera appear in a timeline below the video stream.
- To locate a video clip, use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in on a time frame. Ensure that your mouse cursor is centered in the area that you want to zoom in. You can also navigate the timeline by dragging it to the left or right.
- Click on a recorded video in the timeline to begin playback.
Time periods in the timeline panel are color-coded:
- Light blue: Recorded video clips.
- Red: A motion detection-based recording that was not initiated by a schedule.
- White/blank: No recording at that time period.
- To return to the live stream from the recording view, click Back to Live.
Video can also be viewed in a Picture in picture mode.
This option opens a small window which persists outside of the browser.
To launch Picture in picture mode, select the menu icon on the bottom-right side of the video and choose Picture in picture.