Creating reports from report templates
You can create a new report from a template. The template populates the Layout tab of the report. The template specifies what text, charts, and macros to use in the report and the layout of the content. Report templates do not contain any data. Data is added to the report when you generate the report.
To create a new report from a template:
- If using ADOMs, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Reports > Report Definitions > All Reports.
- In the toolbar, click Create New. The Create Report dialog box opens.
- In the Name box, type a name for the new report. The following characters are NOT supported in report names: \ / " ' < > & , | # ? % $ +
- Select From Template for the Create from setting, then select a template from the dropdown list. The template populates the Layout tab of the report.
- Select the folder that the new report will be saved to from the dropdown list. You can click the add button to include additional folder locations. See Organizing reports into folders
- Select OK to create the new report.
- On the Settings tab, configure the settings as required. For a description of the fields, see Reports Settings tab.
- Optionally, go to the Layout tab to customize the report layout and content. For a description of the fields, see Reports Layout tab.
- Click Apply to save your changes.