Support for link aggregation
Interface link-aggregation is now supported on high-end FortiAnalyzer appliances and VM platforms to provide interface redundancy and load balance.
This feature is only available in high-end FortiAnalyzer devices (FAZ1000F and above), and VM platforms.
To create an aggregate interface in the GUI:
- Go to System Settings > Network.
- In the toolbar, click Create New. The Create New Interface window opens.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the interface (for example,
- Click the Members field to select the available ports.
- In the IP Address/Netmask field, enter a minimum of two IP addresses. At least two ports need to be up for the aggregate interface to work.
- Apply the default settings for the rest of the configurations.
- Click OK. The aggregation interface is created.
To verify the aggregate interface is up with the CLI:
FAZ3000F # config system interface
(interface)# edit Aggregation1
(Aggregation1)# set status up
To configure the aggregation interface in FortiGate:
- In FortiGate go to Network > Interfaces, and configure the aggregation interface using the same subnet as FortiAnalyzer.
- Go to Log & Report > Log Settings, and configure the logs sent to FortiAnalyzer through the aggregation interface.
- In FortiAnalyzer, go to Device Manager to confirm FortiGate has established a connection with FortiAnalyzer through the aggregation interface.