Suggest backup before upgrade 7.0.2
Starting in 7.0.2, automatic backup of the configuration before a firmware upgrade is enabled by default.
To perform a firmware upgrade with backup:
- In the FortiAnalyzer GUI, select the option to upgrade your firmware image.
In the Firmware Management dialog window, the option to perform a Backup Configuration is now available. This option is enabled by default.
- (Optional) Enable the Encryption checkbox to encrypt the backup file with a password. You can enter and confirm your password in the Firmware Management dialog when this setting is enabled.
- Click OK to begin uploading the new image file. Once the image file has been validated, the system will automatically backup the configuration before starting the upgrade.
- Once the backup has been completed, the backup file is created and downloaded to the local PC, and the system will begin the upgrade process, rebooting once complete.
- Administrators can choose not to create a backup file by simply unchecking the Backup Configuration option before starting the upgrade.