FortiAnalyzer uses the AI module to detect faces when motion detection is enabled in the camera profile. Go to the Camera Manager pane to enable face recognition on an authorized camera.
To enable the AI module in the CLI:
config system global
# set disable-module
For information about configuring the AI module, see Configuring the AI module.
The AI module must be enabled for face recognition to work.
To enable facial recognition in the GUI:
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera Manager.
- In the camera manager pane, select an authorized camera, and click Edit. The Edit Camera Device window opens.
- Set Face Recognition to ON.
- Use the preview image to adjust the camera focus.
- Click the magnifying glass icons to zoom in or out on the camera. Wait a few seconds for the camera to focus.
- Click the AF icon to auto-focus the image.
The zoom feature is not supported on all FortiRecorder models.
The zoom quality will depend on the FortiRecorder model. You may need to focus the image on the device itself.
- Click OK. A check mark appears in the Face Recognition column.
You can enable face recognition on a camera that is managed by another FortiAnalyzer device if the camera keys are the same.