Creating a Google Cloud connector example
When logs hit a certain size, they rollover and begin deleting the earliest entries to make room for additional logs. To prevent losing any log entries, FortiAnalyzer can periodically back up older logs to an external object storage location in Google Cloud. This off-site log archive will help ensure compliance and data redundancy in case there is a local storage or outage in FortiAnalyzer.
To create a Google Cloud connector:
- Create a storage bucket on Google Cloud. See Configuring a Google Cloud storage bucket example
- Locate your Google Cloud Platform information. See Locating your Google Cloud information example
- Import the required CA certificates on FortiAnalyzer. See Importing the CA certificate example
- Create a cloud connector on FortiAnalyzer. See Creating the cloud connector example
- Test the connector. See Testing the Google Cloud connector example.