FortiView Monitors are designed for a network and security operations center where multiple dashboards are displayed in large monitors.
In the Monitors view, dashboards display both real-time monitoring and historical trends. Centralized monitoring and awareness help you to effectively monitor network events, threats, and security alerts. Use Monitors dashboards to view multiple panes of network activity, including monitoring network security, compromised hosts, endpoints, Security Fabric, WiFi security, and FAZ system performance.
A typical scenario is to set up dashboards and widgets to display information most relevant to your network and security operations. Use the main monitors in the middle to display important dashboards in a larger size. Then use the monitors on the sides to display other information in smaller widgets.
For example, use the top monitor in the middle to display the Top Threat Destinations widget in full screen, use the monitor(s) below that to display other Threat Monitor widgets, use the monitors on the left to display WiFi Monitor widgets at the top and FAZ Performance Monitor widgets at the bottom, and use the monitors on the right as a workspace to display widgets showing the busiest network activity. You can move, add, or remove widgets.
Monitors dashboards and widgets are very flexible and have the following features:
- You can create predefined or custom dashboards.
- For both predefined and custom dashboards, you can add, delete, move, or resize widgets.
- You can add the same dashboard multiple times on the same or different monitors.
- Each widget monitors one activity.
- You can add the same widget multiple times and apply different settings to each one. For example, you can add widgets to monitor the same activity using a different chart type, refresh interval, or time period.
- You can resize widgets or display a widget in full screen.
FortiView, including the Monitors pane, can be disabled to improve performance in high capacity environments. For more information, see Enabling and disabling FortiView
To prevent timeout, ensure Idle Timeout is greater than the widget's Refresh Interval. See Idle timeout and Settings icon.