When logs hit a certain size, they rollover and begin deleting the earliest entries to make room for additional logs. To prevent losing any log entries, FortiAnalyzer can periodically back up older logs to an external object storage location in Google Cloud. This off-site log archive will help ensure compliance and data redundancy in case there is a local storage or outage in FortiAnalyzer.
- Create a storage bucket on Google cloud.Creating a Google storage bucket.
- Import the requited CA certificates on FortiAnalyzer. See Importing a CA certificate
- Create a cloud connector on FortiAnalyzer. See Creating a Google Cloud connector.
- Roll the logs to the target bucket. See Creating a Google Cloud connector
- Test the connector. See Testing a Google cloud connector