You can use a HA cluster to synchronize logs and data securely among multiple FortiGate devices.
An HA cluster can have a maximum of four devices: one primary device with up to three backup devices. All the devices in the cluster must be of the same FortiGate series and must be visible on the network.
You can use auto-grouping in FortiAnalyzer to group devices in a cluster based on the group name specified in Fortigate's HA cluster configuration. For auto-grouping to work properly, each FortiGate cluster requires a unique group name.
If a unique group name is not used, auto-grouping should be disabled.
FAZ # config system global
(global)# set ha-member-auto-grouping disable
- If using ADOMs, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Add the devices to Device Manager.
- Choose a primary device, and click Edit.
- In the Edit Device pane, select HA Cluster.
- From the Add Existing Device list, select a device, and click Add.
- Optionally, you can use the Add Other Device field to add a new device.
Adding the devices before you create the HA is recommended.
- Add more devices as necessary, and click OK.
The maximum is three backup devices.
To view the HA in Device Manager, click Column Settings > HA Status.