Connecting to the FortiAnalyzer console
To connect to the FortiAnalyzer console, you need:
- a computer with an available communications port
- a console cable, provided with your FortiAnalyzer unit, to connect the FortiAnalyzer console port to a communications port on your computer
- terminal emulation software, such as HyperTerminal for Windows.
The following procedure describes how to connect to the FortiAnalyzer CLI using Windows HyperTerminal software. You can use any terminal emulation program.
To connect to the CLI:
- Connect the FortiAnalyzer console port to the available communications port on your computer.
- Make sure that the FortiAnalyzer unit is powered on.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer, select the COM port, and use the following settings:
Enterto connect to the FortiAnalyzer CLI.
- In the log in prompt, enter the username and password.
The default log in is username:
admin, and no password.
You have connected to the FortiAnalyzer CLI, and you can enter CLI commands.