FortiADC Manager Connector
Central Management allows the FortiADC to be connected to a FortiADC Manager. Multiple FortiADCs can be managed by the FortiADC Manager. If you have large networks with multiple FortiADCs, with the FortiADC Manager you can simplify the configuration of these FortiADCs (for example, setting multiple FortiADCs to the same configuration), and view all of their logs and statistics together.
The FortiADC Manager is a powerful tool that gives you more effective control over your FortiADCs.
This guide will show you how to enable central management on your particular FortiADC by connecting to the FortiADC Manager as a Fabric Connector. You will enter the IP address of your manager, then enable Central Management, therefore allowing the FortiADC Manager to manage your FortiADC.
See the FortiADC Manager handbook.
Basic configuration of two FortiADCs linked to a Manager
To enable a FortiADC Manager Connector:
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- Double-click FortiADC Manager.
- Configure the following Fabric Device Settings:
Settings Description Type
The type of the Central Management
None — Initial State of CM Agent.
FortiADC Manager — The FortiADC is connected to the Manager.
Note: The Type is None by default.
The IP address or hostname of the FortiADC Manager.
Note: The IP address should be empty by default.
How often the FortiADC tries to connect to the Manager. Default 10 seconds. Range 10- 120.
Register Enable/disable registration to FortiADC Manager. This will enable/disable the connection to the FortiADC Manager. This is disabled by default. Management Status
The connection status of the FortiADC.
- Online — FortiADC Manager successfully connects to CM Server.
- Offline — FortiADC Manager failed to connect CM Server. It can happen at the first connection trial or if FortiADC Manager lost the connection. Note: FortiADC Manager updates info to CM Server every minute and will make state as Offline when it does not get response 2 times.
- Reject—Occurs when FortiADC Manager tries to connect with ‘State is not None’ and CM Server does not have the record of this FortiADC (identified by license). The connection will be rejected by CM Server.
- Click Save.
Note: When register is enabled, modifying other central management settings is forbidden. Other central management settings are grayed out. A warning message will display upon login.
When the FortiADC is set to Read-Only mode, all configurations can only be viewed, even when the admin access profile has Read-Write permission.
When trying to write configurations in Read Only, the error message is shown:
The CM Agent state change log can be found in System Logs.