This chapter provides the basic workflow for getting started with a new deployment.
- Install the appliance.
- Configure the management interface.
- Configure the following basic network settings:
Complete product registration, install your license, and update the firmware.
Configure a basic load balancing policy.
Test the deployment with load to verify expected behavior.
Back up this basic configuration so that you have a restore point.
- New administrator password (required)
- System date and time
- Network interfaces
- Configuration changes are applied to the running configuration as soon as you save them.
- Configuration objects are saved in a configuration management database. You cannot change the name of a configuration object after you have initially saved it.
- You cannot delete a configuration object that is referenced in another configuration object (for example, you cannot delete an address if it is used in a policy).