Configuring alert actions
Alert actions define how FortiADC responds to triggered alert configurations in an alert policy. You can configure FortiADC to send logs of alerts to syslog servers, email recipients, and SNMP managers.
Before you begin, keep the following in mind:
- If you want to send logs of alerts to a syslog server, you must configure a remote syslog server. See Configuring syslog settings.
- If you want to send messages to recipients via email, you must configure alert email settings. See Configuring report email.
- If you want to send SNMP traps, you must configure an SNMP trap server. See Configuring SNMP trap servers
To configure alert actions:
- Go to System > Alert > Alert and select the Alert Actions tab.
- Click Create New.
- Complete the configuration as described in Alert Actions.
- Click Save.
|Name||Specify the name of the alert action. You will use the name to select the alert action in alert policies.|
|Syslog||Select the remote syslog server(s) you want to include.|
|Select the email recipient(s) you want to include.|
|SNMP Trap||Select the SNMP manager(s) you want to include.|