Deploying FortiADC-VM for AWS
1. Login to AWS and ensure that you have a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
2. Go to the AWS Instances page and Launch Instance
3. Navigate to your choice of method for selecting the image: your AMIs or Marketplace
Marketplace is now recommended, as selecting the image through AMIs is more time-consuming.
Go to Marketplace. Launch Instance > Marketplace > Search for "FortiADC."
Use the default image that is provided.
B. Use my AMIs
Please refer to Importing the Amazon machine image for uploading the image manually.
4. Select the appropriate region and EC2 instance type for your deployment. (suggest the over 4G memory)
5. Configure Instance Details
Such as: Number of instances, Purchasing option, Network, Subnet, Auto-assign Public IP, IAM role, and more. (Role is required if in HA mode)
6. Add Storage
Notes: Root volume (suggested that you use a size of at least 1G).
After FortiADC-VM bootup, execute command “
If you change the size of the FortiADC-VM virtual hard disk after deployment, immediately run the following command:
execute formatlogdisk. The
formatlogdisk command clears logs from the virtual hard disk.
7. Configure Security Group
You can create a new security group or select from an existing one.
8. Create a new key pair and download it
Use the instructions provided under Key Pair. Creating a key pair allows you to access the command-line interface via SSH.
9. Click “Launch Instances”.
10. Navigate to the "Instances" page, check instance state.
11. You can connect to the command-line interface (CLI) using SSH or telnet connection, or connect to the web UI using the HTTP or HTTPS. The default admin password is the AWS instance ID.
12. Create interface for FortiADC-VM
Step 1：Navigate to the EC2 "Network Interface" page, create network interface, select subnet and security group, configure private IP.
Step 2： Attach interface to FortiADC-VM instance.
Step 3： Reboot FortiADC-VM. After that, configure static IP for new interface.