Welcome to FortiADC Manager! Here's how to get started.
You'll see a blank dashboard upon logging in. It's blank because the ADC Manager is a service that manages ADC's, and currently there aren't any ADC's assigned to it. Let's do that, first.
Don't bother clicking around the Manager for now. Get out of its GUI and go into the specific ADC that you want to assign to the Manager. But first note the following:
1. You are allowing your ADC to be accessed through the Manager, where it will be viewed and edited.
2. ADC-VM's prior to 5.2 are not supported.
Now, enter the vdom as Global. Local vdom's will not work. Then go to System > Central Management. By default you will see a blank page, with 'none' under Type.
The Central Management dialogue box will open. Nothing shows up until you assign Type to FortiADC Manager.
Now, do the following: enter the IP address or Hostname of your ADC Manager. Enter the interval (in seconds) that separates the ADC's attempts to reconnect to the Manager. When all this is done, you can set the status to On. As soon as you do so, you can no longer edit the previous information, unless you turn the status off again.
Note: the Management Status will be 'None' until you deploy the device from within the Manager, at which point it will say 'Online.' Then some information should show up on your ADC Manager dashboard.
|Type||The management type of the ADC. Default 'None' means no access from Manager to ADC.|
|Address||The IP address or hostname of FortiADC-Manager.|
|Interval||How often the ADC tries to connect to the Manager. Default 10 seconds. Range 10-120.|
|Register||Enable/disable register to Manager. Default is disable.|
|Management status||The connection status of the ADC. There are two statuses: online/offline/rejected.|
Select the highlighted section on the sidebar, to the far left. This will bring us into Settings.
Important! Consult the ADC Manager handbook page Settings for configuration details.
To configure general settings:
- Activate your license. The default license is an evaluation license. With it, you can only manage two ADC's. Note: A base license supports up to ten devices, while an unlimited license supports any number of ADC's. Go to support.fortinet.com to register and get an activation code.
- Date and time. Change the date and time; the default might not be correct.
- Don't worry about Firmware and Configuration right now.
- Go to Networking. Edit the Interface, Static Route, and DNS to your liking. Again, reminder to see Settings for configuration details.
- Go to User. Here, edit the user name or password, or even create a new user.